Are You Frustrated By The HealthCare System?
Although your circumstances may be different than these, see if one or more of these describes your story
- Are You Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired? You’re struggling with pain, depression or fatigue. It’s finally gotten to be such an issue that you feel forced to address it so you’re talking to various professionals, reading about it and trying to get the help you need. You wish you knew what the problem was so you could just get on with your life.
- Are You Supporting Someone and Struggling Yourself? You are a family member or dear friend of someone who’s going through insomnia, chronic pain, irritable bowel syndrome or some other problem. You’ve just been dealt a hand that you didn’t ask for. You’re feeling annoyed, drained, and overwhelmed as you’re constantly adjusting to your loved one’s needs.
- Do You Know What’s Wrong And Struggling to Get Through It? You’re taking care of yourself and struggling with pain, depression, diabetes, or arthritis. It’s incredibly overwhelming and exhausting being you sometimes, especially when your symptoms flare up.
Sometimes more than one of these things is happening in your life at the same time. It’s a lot for anyone to handle.
You’ve tried surfing the web, talking to others to get support, reading anything you can find on the subject. Perhaps you’ve also tried various treatments, supplements, and alternative techniques for healing.
All of this has given you food for thought and also left you tapped out because you simply don’t know what to do next. It’s not that you haven’t tried to figure this out. In fact, probably no one could try any harder than you have.
It’s not your fault that this isn’t working for you. Too much information simply can’t be digested in a use-able way.
On the other hand, you may have thought that if you just keep yourself busy enough you won’t feel the way you do and that the situation will resolve itself.
There is not one way to go through things like this. The only question is “how’s it working for you?”
As a person who has struggled with all of this, I’m familiar with how things can move very fast and change on a dime. I also know that the wheels of the healthcare system can turn ever so slowly.
“I give up!” and “Stop this train – I want to get off!” are common refrains in times like this. Being exhausted and running on sheer adrenalin happens as well.
Here’s what is useful to remember:
- If you’re sick and tired of not knowing what’s going on with you, it has a name and there’s a way through it. What you need are the appropriate tools to help you clearly communicate with your provider to make informed choices about your healthcare.
- If you are a close friend or family member of someone dealing with a chronic situation, it doesn’t mean you can’t take care of yourself in ways that work for you. What you need to remember is that taking care of yourself is not another “to do” to add to your already too long list. It’s a way of BEING kind and compassionate to yourself while supporting them.
- If you know what your diagnosis is and you’re frustrated, this is an opportunity to remember what’s most important. What you need to remember is that when you combine what’s most important with a small action that helps, you will see things differently.
All of this is much easier said than done.
Having said that, the good news is there is help and you’ve found it right here!
I have the right support and the right tools to help you make informed choices about your healthcare.
Hi. I’m Char Brooks and my passion is helping you make informed choices about your healthcare. I’ve had over 30 years of experience helping myself and others through the quagmire of situations just like these, plus serious and chronic illness. I’ve developed a wealth of connections, resources, tools, and just plain know how on getting the best possible results from the healthcare system – while staying sane in the process.
If you’re looking for practical, compassionate help including straightforward tools that you can start using now to get a grip on what’s happening, you’ve come to the right place!
Sign up to download my free Appointment Preparation worksheet that will immediately by clicking here. It will help improve your communication with doctors and other service providers. You can also sign up for my blog to receive by RSS or by email.
Patient Power: Get the HealthCare You Deserve
An eBook that ends the freakout at the doctors office helping you make the healthcare choices that are right for you. You can read all about it here.
Also, I invite you to contact me to schedule a free 15 minute chat about how I can help you get your needs met with your healthcare provider with greater ease and less stress.